Camp Moves Me A Yearly Success!

19 CAMPMOVES Logo

We Eclipsed Our 2019 Goal!

Camp Moves Me is just one of the ways we receive donations but it is crucial to our Scholarship Fund as it has become a substantial part of our efforts. To join the movement participants just dedicate their October exercise (running, biking, swimming, hiking, walking, kayaking/canoeing, golfing etc.) to ask family and friends for donations. You can also change these up a bit, you just need to participate in something that you can calculate miles. Donations go directly into the Camp Foley Scholarship Fund, thus directly impacting our campers. 93% of the money raised will be deposited into our fund so we can help get more kids to camp next summer (the other 7% goes to the American Camp Association).

We had an amazing 2019 campaign as our efforts landed us as the #2 fundraising camp in the nation. An amazing honor, but not yet recognized if not for the strong efforts of our 19 participants and 211 supportive donors! We are so thankful for all of our donors and support. Our grand total raised of $13,408 eclipsed our goal set for the month. Thank you to everyone who helped make 2019 another successful Camp Moves Me campaign and help raise funds for more kids to come experience a summer at Foley!

We want to say a big thanks to all of our 2019 participants - Kylie Beltz, Peter and Madison Beltz, Kevin Beltz, Treff Brock, Ally Daily, Alli Faricy, Caitlin Gallagher (camper), Nadia Goldman (camper), Joe Harrington, Aria Mahan-Cleveland (camper), Emily McGuire, Molly McGuire, Elliott Newman, Kieran O’Connell, Krista Strobel, Billy Weiss, McMillian West (camper), Joe Zarrilli (camper).

2019 Total Raised: $13,408

Ready for 2020 Camp Moves Me!? Join or contribute now!

Follow the instructions below to either join as a participant or make a contribution. Thanks in advance!

1. Get Moving Yourself!

Set up a page, make a goal, ask for pledges and get moving! Follow the instructions below:

  1. Click on this link and then click on "Participant Center" link (see image below).
    20 Camp Moves Me Participant
  2. Click the Sign Up Now button (the red rectangle on the left).
  3. Scroll down to Participant Registrations. Make sure is listed and click the red Select Registration button.
  4. Click Proceed to Checkout (Free should be listed).
  5. Fill out your information.
  6. Click Next. Enter your information to create an account with RallyUp. If you had an account from the previous year or other fundraisers, you can login with that username and password.
  7. Click through the remainder of the registration process and make sure your information is correct and entered as needed.
  8. Finalize your registration.
  9. Then go find donors! Talk to friends, family, other campers, staff or alums. Be sure to include a personal message about how much Camp Foley has meant to you. They can pledge per mile or do a lump sum donation (for example, a donor might pledge $1 for every mile you run. If you run 10 miles in the month, then the donor will give $10. Or the donor can also pledge a flat fee amount). You will be sent an email from RallyUp with a unique weblink to give to your donors to make it super easy.

2. Support a Foley Participant!

If you just don't have the time, desire or want to move yourself, consider donating to one of the camp campers, staff or alums that are participating. Follow the instructions below and THANKS! It is because of people like you we can continue to offer camp to those that may not otherwise be able to afford it.

We have many participants that are walking, running and rollerblading for donations!

1. Follow this link.
2. Click on Contribute button.
3. Select "Make a per-mile or per-rep pledge" or "Contribute a flat amount"
4. Enter the participant's name (may autofill if you used a link they gave you).
5. Click on the red Next button and follow the steps until you're done!
6. Be sure to check back often to follow their progress.

3. Support Camp Foley as a Whole!

Not sure which member you want to contribute to or don't have anyone participating that you know? That is ok! Donate to the Camp Foley campaign as a whole.

1. Follow this link.
2. Click on Contribute button.
3. Click the "Contribute a flat amount" option
4. Select Contribute without crediting a participant
5. Enter the amount
6. Click on the red NEXT button and follow the steps until you're done!

Having trouble? Email or Call (218-543-6161)!

 

We can't wait to see your progress!

Follow along on the Foley Facebook page and/or make updates to your RallyUp page to let us know how you are doing.